* Italian habilitation as full professor in Agricultural Microbiology conferred on 28 March 2017. Overall evaluation: excellent.
* Italian habilitation as associate professor in Agricultural Microbiology conferred on 8 January 2014. Overall evaluation: excellent.
* September 1998 - April 2002, PhD awarded at the Royal College of Art (RCA), London. RCA PhD student grant to perform the doctoral work. Thesis title: "The chemical characterisation of binding media in 20th century art". UK PhD recognised as equivalent to the Italian doctorate on April 3, 2003. Chemical characterisation of 20th century binding media. Studied artists: P. Picasso, J. Pollock, P. Caulfield, M. Duchamp, F. Banner
* 10 December 2002, Cultore della materia, Agricultural Faculty, Università degli Studi di Milano, courses: Agricultural Microbiology, Biotechnology Applied to Cultural Heritage.
* 23 September 1998, Association of Food Technologists, Food Technologist qualification.
* October 1990 - July 1996, University of Milan, Agricultural Faculty. Master thesis title: "Indagini microbiologiche, calorimetriche e molecolari per l'identificazione e lo studio di microrganismi deteriogeni dei manufatti artistici", Food Science degree, mark 110/110 cum laude conferred on July 10, 1996.
* "Ruolo dei dispositivi di protezione collettiva per la prevenzione del rischio chimico in laboratorio" course, Università degli Studi di Milano, given by Labosystem, 17 June 2014.
* March 1, 2015-present Associate Professor of Microbiology at Università degli Studi di Milano.
* February 1, 2006-February 28, 2015 tenured researcher of Microbiology at Università degli Studi di Milano ("conferma" on February 1, 2009).
* 3 June 2003 - 31 January 2006, winner of a MIUR Brain Gain Programme Fellowship, Università degli Studi di Milano, Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Alimentari e Microbiologiche. Duties: scientific investigation of cultural heritage
* 1 March 2003 - 2 June 2003, post-doc Research fellow, Università degli Studi di Milano, Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Alimentari e Microbiologiche. Duties: bioremediation of deteriorated urban stone heritage
* 9-21 May 2002, Vienna University of Technology, Institute for Chemical Technology and Analytics, Analytical Chemistry Division and Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna, Austria. Duties: THM-GCMS lessons and practice.
* 1 December 1998 - 1 November 2001, Victoria & Albert Museum (London), Conservation Department. Occasional Professional Assistant (Conservation) agreement. Duties: Research on modern materials.
* 1 July 1997 - 30 June 1998, Museo del Collezionista d'Arte (Milan), Scientific Laboratory. Duties: Conservation science activities, in particular wood dating using infrared spectroscopy.
* 20-23 December 1999, University of Torino, Department of Chemistry IPM (Prof. O. Chiantore). Technique employed thermally assisted hydrolysis and methylation / gas chromatography - mass spectrometry (THM-GCMS).
* 4-7 May 1999, FOM Institute for Atomic and Molecular Physics (Amsterdam), AMOLF (Dr. K. van den Berg). Technique employed direct temperature-resolved mass spectrometry.
* September 1996 - June 1997, Università degli Studi di Milano, Department of Food Science and Microbiology. Duties: Scientific investigation of cultural heritage.